- Higher-order functions,
- object-oriented programming.
- Master basic programming techniques along with best practices
- Control the power of functional & object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Use regular expressions (regex) to efficiently parse & manipulate strings
- Gracefully handle errors & browser issues like incompatibilities
- Handle browser events & alter the DOM
- He also has a section on Node.js in this new edition!
- class notation,
- arrow functions,
- async functions,
- template strings,
- block scope.
- and more
This new edition is also nifty because you’re given exercises (all new for this edition). These will test your developer skills and keep you on track. Just like the previous editions, Haverbeke uses lots of examples and immerses you in code from the beginning.